168 pages of colour rich information with an introduction by writer Charles Singleton, this supplement for Pike & Shotte describes the history, armies, personalities and battles of the English Civil War. Included are detailed scenarios based on some of the most famous battles, complete with maps and orders of battle/army lists for the main protagonists.
Crammed full of detailed background information, including:
- The Early Reign of Charles I
- The Bishops’ Wars and the Short Parliament
- Rebellion in Ireland
- The First Civil War
- The Second Civil War
- Another War with Scotland
Plus a comprehensive Civil War Timeline and detailed look at the armies of the civil war who were the infantry, the cavalry and artillery, how were they organised and fielded.
The author then takes you on through the tactics of the Civil War and the military revolution of the period where the Dutch and Swedish systems were learnt and employed, and indeed explained here in detail along with more Civil War tactics.
- Profiles of the Royalist and Parliamentarian Commanders.
- Full colour guide to the colours used by participants in the Civil War.
- Early war army lists for the Scots Covenanter Army of the Bishops’ Wars.
- Bishops’ Wars Scots Royalist and English Pre Civil War Army.